Wednesday 20 February 2008

Toyota defeated me

Well the Toyota has defeated me yet again. I guess it has been neglected for too long and feels no need to be kind to anyone else. OK I will pack it up and make ready for its next trip which will be to the tip. I am really sorry about this, but it did rekindle my love of machine knitting and led to the order of a new Silver. Only 2 or 3 days and it will be here. With the spare time yesterday I baked a sponge. Nothing too difficult, but the first one I have baked since my divorce. That is the downside of living alone, you really don't think its worthwhile doing interesting things like cooking when there is only you to appriciate it. I miss cooking for a family and have become very lazy in the kitchen. At this time of year I miss it more when I see the savile oranges in the shops. I used to make all my own marmalade and jams as well as cakes. Maybe one day I will have the chance to do it again. Another order has come in for a hand knit matinee set, and I need to find a knitter who is free to do this. Next winter I must make sure that there is a lot more knitted items in the shop for sale, though the customers will always want different sizes and colours.

No comments: