Monday 19 October 2009

Holidays

I can't believe its 4 months since I updated this. Hanging head in shame. It has certainly been an eventful 4 months, I have been on holiday in the Dales twice. We have lost a resident at work and I have been doing more activities with them. Nearly finished my NVQ. Had my 60th birthday and retired. Not to mention having joined the gym.

First the holidays. I went with a friend from work and we stayed in a cottage just outside Hawes. the views were spectacular and we managed to fit some really exciting experiences. The most memorable for me was a half day falconary flying. Even though it rained most of the time, it was wonderful.

There were visits to the Beatrix Potter experience and on the second visit to her house Hill Top Farm. There were castles and churches to visit, and despite not having a head for heights, I climbed to the top of them all and stood there shaking as I tried taking (slightly out of focus) photos.

Top of Richmond Castle.

Flight of Harris Hawk.

No comments: