Wednesday 9 June 2010

Retirement

I had the really strange idea that retirement was a quiet and peaceful time when you had time to catch up with all those things you never had time for. Um something went wrong there. I have never been busier than I have been this last 6 months, or more exhausted. Or happier.

On Friday I am going to see Pirates of Penzance in Sheffield. Not that I have ever been into Gilbert and Sullivan, more of a Country Music gal myself. Though helping out Vic with his part in Ruddigore has given me a new appreciation of this genre. As a thank you Vic is taking me to see this production before I have chance to see his, just to compare. I am looking forward to it so much and have been reading the synopsis so that I have an idea of what is going on.

One of the first things I did when I retired was take out gym membership, not that I am keen on all those machines. But it does get me into aqua 3 times a week. Also doing a weight management program that involves various things like dance, yoga and badminton. Yesterday I had a go at racket ball, which was a little too furious for me. At the weigh in yesterday I found I had lost 4lbs. It does not sound a lot, but our instructor said to compare it with a bag of sugar. 2 bags of sugar feel quite heavy and that made me appreciate how much it actually is:)

But when oh when am I going to get back to that long list of projects I have stashed away all over the house? I used to say when I retire, what on earth can I say now?

No comments: