Wednesday 4 August 2010

weight loss program

For the last few months I have been doing a weight management program. This involves different exercises, including yoga, racket ball, swimming and dancing. It has been fun. I am a member of the gym but I found that a bit boring, especially as you work on your own. With this program there are several of us and we have a good laugh, as well as encouraging each other. My weight has gradually been going down, and I realised yesterday that it will only take 2 more pounds loss to have dropped a stone. Even better I did not realise I was doing it:)

If we got discouraged by the slow weight loss, we were shown 2 packs of lard = roughly 1lb - which really demonstrated how much was going each week. There were sessions where we swapped low cal recipes. And on a lovely sunny day we all went down to the beach to exercise. I don't think I could follow any sort of diet, but this way we gradually loss weight and have a lot of fun.

It really did not matter that we were older, and had various medical problems, as the exercises were adapted to suit us all. I think all of us have dropped at least a dress size, as well as making new friends along the way.

No comments: