Tuesday, 23 July 2013

machine knit toys

After Barnacle "Bob" taking 2 weeks of my life, I decided that my next project would take less time. So it's back to the knitting machine, after a break of far too long. I wanted something fairly quick, but with enough interest so that I would not get bored.

The teddy pattern came from an old Machine Knitting Monthly magazine. I changed it to 4 ply from DK to make it easier on my standard gauge machine. The pirate puppet was a hand knit design which I also changed from DK and did on my machine. He has turned out a little small for my hands, but could very easily be made bigger.

All together the two of them took under 2 days.

No comments: