Wednesday, 5 March 2008
Missing clamps slow things up
Well the Bond was not as new as I thought. It had been out of the box and then resealed. But managed to find most of the bits for it, except the table clamps. I have loads of knitting machine table clamps littering up the place, but these have to be different. Instead of the flat top, these seem to be round and a slightly different shape. Now where on earth am I to find clamps to an obsolete machine? Maybe there is another way to fix this to the table that I have not discovered yet. Never mind, if I talk nicely to a friend of mine who is good with his hands, maybe he can make me a pair. However I did try to do some knitting on it. Always impatient to try out new things. Not very successfully, as I could not hold the machine on the table and push the carriage across. Time to grow another pair of arms. It might also have been better if I had not put the wire thingy on the carriage in the wrong place and ended up with yarn tangled all round it. Also the needles seem very loose. Turning the needle bed up or down means the needles all moving off in that direction - nothing in the books seems to explain whether this is right or wrong. But I will perserve until I have worked it out, though I can't see me spending as much time on this as I hope to on my new Silver machine. There is still so much I long to do on this little beauty - the lace carriage is still in the box it came in, but that is top of my list for experimenting. No knitting done last night as I have joined an amature dramatic group. Yet another way of taking away time from the needles and machines. But a great way of getting out and meeting people, and having a lot of fun too. The group is new and we are still at the stage where we are discussing what we are to perform and when. We have decided to go for short humourous sketches and have our first performance in July. As we have an active writers group in Withernsea, we are hoping they will come up with some sketches for us too.