Wednesday 17 March 2010

Pain

Ouch, I now remember why I have not done line dancing for a long time. At some time my knees decided that vigorous exercise was a definate no no. Over time other parts of my body joined in, not least the neck and shoulder which the hospital described as widespread degenerative changes. Along with narrowing of the left C5/C6 and both C7 nerve root foramina leading to pain down the left arm. I know I am not taking anywhere near the prescribed dosage of my painkillers and could easily take more, and I am not a masocist. But as the problem will only get worse, and the side effects would curtail my lifestyle, I have to make a choice. Do I keep taking the minimum dose which means living with the pain, or should I up the dose now and risk them not working so well in the future?

No comments: