Tuesday 9 March 2010

returning to normal life

As Bridlington fades into the memory, "normal" life resumes. Whatever normal is. Having missed aqua for 3 weeks I was feeling sluggish and out of condition, so yesterday a friend and I went swimming. Even though I class myself as a non swimmer, I did manage 3 widths. I could probably do a couple of lengths of the pool, but hate being out of my depth. Actually I am still very nervous in the water, but its a lot easier on the old body than the gym.

Speaking of old, I had a long chat with my sister on Skype on Sunday - Hello Lyn, I know you read this to find out what I have been up to. Its great to be able to see loved ones as well as talk to them. The only problem being that you also see yourself. When on earth did I turn into my grandma. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Nana, but I never imagined I would one day be as old as she was. Well the webcam proved me wrong. One thing it showed me was that I am well overdue for a visit to the hairdressers. Something I rectified yesterday when I went and made an appointment for Friday for highlights. I really don't mind being 60, its quite an achievement, but I do mind looking it.

As my car breaks were groaning when I applied them, I took it to my friendly garage yesterday to be looked at. Luckily he has sorted it out and the car is ready to pick up this morning. Thank goodness there are people who don't mind getting their hands dirty and have the skill and training to keep us on the road. Now I just need the reappearance of my gardener to start weaving his magic on the pocket handkerchief of a garden I have, and make some order out of the chaos out there, and all will be right with the world.

No comments: