Friday 2 April 2010

Good Friday

Today is an eagerly awaited date in our local calander. Every year on Good Friday is the Welwick to Kilnsey charity bike ride. Not that I have ever rode in it, my job being to follow behind in the truck helping out stragglers and pick up bikes for anyone who cannot face the ride back. I have only missed one since I have been here, and that was last year when I was working.

It really is a wonderful sight with about 200 people ranging from babies on carriers to people in their 80's making the 7 mile trip on 2, 3 or 4 wheels. A lot of money is made for charity each year, as well as everyone having a lovely time.

The weather is looking a bit overcast but the wind seems to have died down. Here's hoping for a a good day. As Bernard will not be with us this year, I think we will all be thinking about him and remembering all his hard work at these events. We will do him proud.

No comments: