Monday 19 July 2010

Withernsea Lighthouse Museum

Withernsea Lighthouse Museum Yesterday I once again climbed this 144 steps to the top of Withernsea Lighthouse. This is the 3rd time I have done it, and after the 2nd time I swore I would never do it again. No head for heights really, but had a young friend staying and wanted to show her the sights. She is a student from Sheffield doing research on coastal erosion around Withernsea. I have been helping her, and setting up interviews. It has been strange not doing the interviews myself, but good to stand back and watch someone else doing it:)

On Friday I have been invited to the Annual Governors' Awards Assembly at the High School and have been asked to present an award to one of the students. I consider this a great honour as I think education is so important. My Sheffield student is already one of the most qualified people I know, but at 25 is carrying on with her education for at least another year. Not an option open to everyone, I know, but a shining example of what can be done with a bit of hard work.

No comments: