Monday 28 February 2011

Friends

I have sadly neglected this blog, and feel so sorry for that. But the truth is that I foolishly allowed a man to enter my life and my heart. Even though I knew he was unworthy of the love, I still allowed myself to devote my time, energy and wellbeing to his keeping. Of course predictably it ended, and I am still grieving the lose. You would think that at my age I would have known better, however we cannot choose who we care for. Time as they say, is a great healer. Also the love and caring I have received from my friends has been a revelation to me.

For many years I thought bad things happened to punish me. After all I must have done something very wrong to feel this pain and suffering. God, or fate were showing me I needed to change my life - weren't they? Was it really so wrong to love the wrong person? Now I see that good friends are the compensation for the bad things that happen. I have been so lucky with my friends, and I do not take them for granted. When you take the wrong path in life, they are there to take your hand and lead you back onto the right one.

I do not know what I have done to deserve these friends, but thank God for them. I am truly blessed

No comments: