Tuesday 22 March 2011

Day in Beverley

It was such a beautiful day yesterday. Wall to wall sunshine. After the miserable winter, a friend and I decided to have a day out. Beverley was our chosen venue as it is a place I love. Over the last few years I have enjoyed trips there for shopping and sightseeing, but there is always something else to see. Beverley Minster is beautiful, and I have visited several times. This time I decided to have a look round St Marys Church. It is a beautiful church founded in 1120 that has been added to and altered over the years. With a facinating history, this church is one to visit.
Walking around this historic town I discovered something I had not seen before. Paintings on several buildings around the town. These were by local artist Fred Elwell. Here
Dropped in at Hornsea Mere for an ice cream on the way home.

Have completed 3 scalfs for the lighthouse.

No comments: