Saturday 5 March 2011

Knitting a scalf for the lighthouse

It has been a busy week for interviews, Doro and I have been having so much fun that I doubt she will want to return home next week. But one of my favourite interviews has been with Anita from a local paper shop. Anita recently hurt her wrist and despite not really liking knitting, was advised to do some to help strengthen her muscles. Of course being Anita she decided to use this enforced physio to also try and raise money for local charities. So her project has been to knit a scalf for Withernsea Lighthouse. Not that she will be able to do it alone and put out an appeal for other local knitters to help.

Since I came up here it has never ceased to amaze me how much time and energy people spend raising money for local causes. It is a quite deprived area with high unemployment, but many thousands of pounds are raised each year at these events. Of course I will be doing my bit on the giant scalf project, and hope we raise lots of money for these charities.

No comments: