Tuesday 28 February 2012

small projects


Although I have not been on here for awhile, I have not been idle. Above is a scalf knitted in
Stylecraft Eskimo DK from pattern 4826 it only took me a couple of nights, and I chose it because of the colour.

This was a Stylecraft aran yarn knitted up into a cosy cowl

Last year I decided to knit a pair of socks, my first attempt at dpn. I got half way through the first one and for some reason left it. But I was determined to finish something in the round. This free pattern and yarn from Lets Knit magazine proved just the thing. Small enough that I stood a good chance of finishing the project, but also much needed practise on dpn.

The first sock took me a couple of nights to finish, but the second was finished last night while I watched TV.

I am very pleased with the result and it will encourage me to get back to the socks I was knitting for myself. Now I just need a friend who is having a baby to donate these to. Or maybe I will put them on a doll so I can keep looking at them and thinking, "I made those".

No comments: