Friday 27 September 2013

Hats


 Thought I would have another go at intarsia on the machine, and although I did manage to misread the chart, it did not turn out too bad.


 A friend sent me a picture of a "brain hat" and asked if I could make one for her. So did a bit of research and played around on the machine making a plain hat and then miles of icord. Thankfully my machine does this quite well. I now have to sew it on, and that may take a while.


With my newly discovered art of crochet, I decided that I would try and read a pattern. Sort of understand the words now. And followed a pattern for a simple hat. Once that was done I decided to jazz it up a bit, and found a pattern for a crochet owl. I love owls and so does a friend of mine. It is her birthday on Monday and thought this would be a great present for her. It turned out OK and she loved it. I love it too, so will now have to make another one for myself. :)




No comments: