Friday 29 December 2017

2017 - a productive year

Wow how long it has bee since I updated this blog. One of the problems being I had forgotten my log in details - got round this problem by updating all my passwords. As it is very nearly a new year,  I thought I might do a bit of updating on here...

The run up to Christmas this year was more hectic than usual, as family problems took up more time. But I did manage to get a few presents made, though only one on the knitting machine - a scarf for a dear friend who taught me to play the ukulele. I had punched out a guitar card and was determined to use it. At that time I was debating whether to treat myself to a mid gauge machine to use some of the masses of double knit yarn I have in my hoard. My chunky machine has no punch card and no ribber so has been retired until I decide what to do with it.

For an experiment I rewound a ball of Stylecraft DK and tried it on my machine. Being pleasantly surprised at how easily it  knitted. I then did 2 DK jumpers for the Great Grandsons as 18 months and 4 years. Nothing fancy, plain crew necks that I intend to tart up with some duplicate stitch embroidery.

This has also been a year when my crochet has rather taken over from my other crafts, and my best make to date has been a c 2 c unicorn blanket.

Also this year I crocheted my sister a cushion and cardigan for birthday and christmas.

Her favourite colour is purple and her favourite thing is butterflies :)


Hand knitted finger puppets for the children have proved to be popular, as has a machine knit monkey puppet.
Having spent a lot of this year collecting patterns for hand and machine knitting, not to mention crochet patterns, I am wondering what I can produce next year. Hopefully one of the things is getting back into this blog. ...............watch this space




No comments: