Friday 22 June 2007

Catching up

Having only just re read some of the things I wrote in my first entry, I realise I need to update myself on this. First my work in progress was put down as a black jumper for myself - this was finished some time ago, and has been worn several times.
The ambition to start a pair of socks on dpn is on hold. The shop has proved to be very slow, and the best sellers have been baby clothes. Over the last few months I have lost count of the number of baby cardis and jackets I have made. Currently working on 2 cardigans for a one year old, one white and one lemon. Very easy, with a band of lace round centre.
A lovely lace boloro for a bridesmaid was the last completed garment - and I really must remember to photograph them for on here.
Always a glutton for punishment, today I started on a cotton mix cardi for stock. Mostly because the yarn is new in and I do like to check how it knits up. So far, so good. Its called Kon ti ki by Stylecraft, and is 50% cotton and 50% acrylic. Many years ago when I used cotton, I found it difficult to manage and it tended to pull to the side, I don't think there will be any of those difficulties with this one.

No comments: