Saturday 23 February 2008

She is a beauty

She has arrived, and what a beauty she is. I am talking of course about my new Silver knitting machine. Hurrying home from work yesterday I could not wait to get all the cardboard off and put her all together. I had thought I may have forgotten how, but it all came back to me. Standing there looking tempting, I could not wait to try her out. 20 rows of rib and 20 rows of stockingnet later, I was amazed at how it all came back to me. Now I cannot wait to start my first garment. I think it will be something for a baby as that was the very first thing I ever knitted on a machine - a pastel pink sweater for my then toddler daughter. Looking back I remember it was not much and had a few mistakes, but I was so proud of that jumper over 30 years ago. I did take a photo, but have mislaid the camera this morning. So picture will follow later. First I have to go to work before I can start. I will spend quiet periods thinking about what I will knit. Roll on this evening and getting started.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I can't wait to see what you make - I can feel your excitement!

PaulaC said...

Hope you approve of the multi coloured cardi. I need to find more machine knitting patterns, and have subscribed to Modern Machine Knitting to get more idea.