On the blue one I had decided to do the bands by hand. As its a 3ply yarn I used 2.5 mm needles, but it still looked far too loose. I even thought I may jazz it up a bit by cross stitching a motif on it. But the more I look at it, the less I like it. Am unwilling to spend any more time on this project, so it could be binned and set down to experience.
The green one is slightly different. This time I decided to crochet the bands and round the arms (sorry the quality of the pictures is bad, I should have used the tripod). I am not a crocheter, but can manage a few basic stitches for edgings. Once again I was unhappy with the result. So another one destined for the bin.
I have managed to make wearable garments in the past, and have even sold some. I am not sure what went wrong this time, but strongly suspect I was in too much of a hurry to finish something else on my machine. In doing so I sacrificed quality for quanity. So now I will start again. I know I can do better than this, and will not let it put me off.
With so many other things going on in my life with the changes at the shop. My drama group, and trying to learn my lines for the shows in June, and still trying to keep up with orders for hand knits for my customers. I need to slow down, go back to basics and try to concentrate on one thing at a time.
More haste, less speed.