Monday 7 April 2008

Progress is slow

The heel flap is done, it looks OK, but putting all the other stitches onto one needle has made it hard. I think on the next one - if I do the next one:) I will leave the stitches on 2 needles.
Now comes the tricky part. Picking up stitches around the heel flap and starting decreasing. I am still not 100% sure I am doing this right, but will keep going to see how it turns out.
It is looking a bit of a mess, and I do not have the stitches evenly divided on the needles. I am now using 5 needles instead of 4 which is making holding the work even more difficult.
I read somewhere that this is a nice portable project to take with you everywhere. Well the only place I will work with it besides home, is in the shop when it is quiet.
Am having a break from the sock today, and have gone to 200 needles on my knitting machine. Using Stylecraft Wondersoft 3 ply I am trying out an all in one cardigan for a baby. I have a sneaking suspicion that the hand knit 3ply is slightly thicker than the cones, so have altered the tension from the pattern. As it is not being made for anyone, the size does not matter too much. It is more using the machine and rediscovering the art.
I had hoped to try out the lace carriage again, but became distracted by this cardi pattern. And anything is better than those ***** socks. Next time I am going to make a pair on the machine, I have done some in the past, and found them much easier:)

1 comment:

sarah said...

Your sock is looking good.

Not far to go now. You have done the hard parts.