Saturday 5 April 2008

Socks

Knitting with 2 needles, I can do it with my eyes closed, and often do:) Knitting with 4 needles has been an experience. Still not quite sure how to hold the needles, and feel very clumsy doing it. But have got to heel flap - whatever heel flap is. Reading the instructions is confusing, the only thing to do is go for it.
Working on 30 sts and have all the others on one needle - quite difficult with the first few rows as the holding needle is getting in the way. Also, having just knit on all the rounds am now having to remember to turn and purl. Keep asking myself why I started this, but am also anxious to see how this will turn out.
The pattern says "simple", I am not so sure. Maybe as its a new technique I am finding it a bit more difficult that someone who has already knit a pair or 2:) Well its a learning experience, so will plod on and see how it turns out. Who knows I may even knit the second sock when I have finished this first one:)

No comments: