Friday 18 December 2009

Work tonight

There were quite a few flurries of snow yesterday and the wind was biting. Last night a friend and I went to see a production of A Christmas Carol by our local drama group. Not that we wanted to turn out in this weather, but it proved to have been very enjoyable, and we got mulled wine and mince pies in the interval:)

Tonight I am working. A favour to the boss. Not that I am looking forward to it. It has been a while since I had to stay up all night and I know I will struggle with it. But the welcome I get from the residents will be warm and sincere, and I love to spend time with them before they go to bed.

A friend came round a couple of days ago and was looking at some of things I had been machine knitting. She recently gave away a knitting machine because she could not get the hang of it, but has held onto an old Bond she got in 1988. Having seen my work she went off determined to have another go. I told her I would happily help her, and will go round this weekend to see how she is doing. She went home determined to at least do a scarf before I see her again when I can teach her to increase, decrease and do some patterning. Not that I have used a Bond, but am working on the premise that apart from the fact you hand feed the yarn, everything else will be the same. I am really looking forward to trying out something new.

Now its time to get ready for my aqua class, and I know that will make me tired enough to get a couple of hours sleep this afternoon before facing work. Though I know I will be like a zombie tomorrow. Thank goodness this is a one off.

No comments: