Saturday 9 January 2010

Breadmaker

I love home made bread, but having been finding it harder to make with all that kneading and mixing. My neck and shoulders have been complaining loudly. It was time to do something about it. I have been looking around at breadmakers and trying to decide if it would end up as another unused gadget cluttering up the kitchen. Then Aldi's got some in for the bargain price of £29.95. I decided to take the plunge. My first loaf has turned out better than I expected. It is far lighter in texture than my hand made ones and has a lovely crisp crust that I like. The taste was gorgeous and I can see that I will be using this a lot.
It has a jam making facility too, and I will be trying that out as well. Especially if it does away with the preserving pan and jam thermometer. Though I think I will still bake cakes in the traditional way even though it says I can do them too.

Now I just need to find a good bread making book with hints and tips as well as recipes. Ebay here I come.

No comments: